Sunday 26 April 2015

Pixel Party


Pixel Party 64 from Jonny Clementson on Vimeo.

So,,,controversy time!!
Once every few weeks we have a 'physical session' with John Kelly. We've dona a couple of vaguely interesting things there but it's mostly been really pointless as I've done all of this kind of thing before, and it feels like I could be putting that time to better use. And once the sessions shifted towards typography I decided to take the leap and do something different, instead putting the tricks learned during the aftereffects session with Sara to good use. With it being an animation course I figured you'd be fine with this. I mean, I hope you're fine with this. If not, well, oh dear.

Either way i wanted to put all my aftereffects lessons into something that would show off what I'd learned but unlike my main coursework animation work wouldn't require excessive artwork to create. So here I created some very basic Mario-homaging pixel art then put to use what I'd learned, and experimented a bit more on the way.

The way I look at this I think it was a far better use of my time than doing more typography work which quite frankly isn't terribly useful.  Either way...enjoy!

...or get angry at me...whichever works!

No comments:

Post a Comment