Sunday 26 April 2015

Spotlight: Danielle Corsetto and Girls with Slingshots

So as I still have a little bit of time before all this is due to be handed in, I figured I should do some short talks about artists that have been important over the course of the year. So here goes.
Girls with Slingshots is a webcomic. One of the best too. It ran for over ten years and ended this January. The strip was mostly daily and has amassed over 2000 pages in its duration, telling the story of Hazel Tellington, and her friends. It covers all kinds of topics and doesn't shy away from the more taboo issues of sex and sexuality either. It's a really good read.

It also proved of excellent assistance during my stead of working on the final project, as I decided against using my usual style in favour of something different. So I borrowed a couple of aspects from the girls with slingshots art style, as well as reminding me about different body types and shapes.

No comments:

Post a Comment