Wednesday 25 January 2017

The Archive of Archive - Music Shop


One of the places I visited during my card selling phase was a music shop across from where I work. They're quite a popular spot and I had seen them selling cards before so I payed them a visit. They liked my work but just wanted music-related cards which, y'know, makes a lot of sense. They also agreed to take on some prints. All of this would have been great had I not only got one music-based picture. And I didn't even like the one I had.

I had been considering doing a new guitar robot for a while so I saw this as the perfect opportunity to make an updated one. I shifted the focus to a more low-key setting and swapped the electric guitar out for an acoustic one to add some differences to the first guitar picture.

The main difference here is in the robot design itself. Whilst my first one was a very basic robot design, I wanted to push things a bit more in that regard. I also wanted to do another female robot. Although my 'standard' design is fairly androgynous, a lot of the other designs I use tend to have a much more male physicality to them. With this and the next picture I did I wanted to try and offset this (and it's something I'll strive to do a lot more from here on out in my art). I wanted to go for a 'hipster' aesthetic for the robot here, so I gave her some dreads with an undercut alongside trying to factor in some more subtle cues in the robot detailing. I then capped off the deign with a pair of big boots, because I love drawing robots in shoes for some reason.

I gave the picture a full background as well, which is something I have been doing more often in my artwork recently. I went for a backstreet city setting, which gave me the chance to draw some slightly different stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment