Tuesday 3 November 2015

The Manifesto Of A Mad Scientist

I am a mad scientist. I invent things. I put things together to see what will emerge. I take things apart and put them back together again. I break things. I fix things. I learn. I experiment.

I am a mad scientist. I don't limit myself to what has been discovered. I don't hesitate to push into unexplored territory, regardless of the risk. I don't always choose the easiest way there either, but rather the more interesting one. Sometimes I stay still for a while, and embellish what I know and what I make. Innovation is as important as invention.

I am a mad scientist. I discover new things with whatever I do. I revisit old things to find new things within them. Everything I experience is a lesson; a discovery. The things that go well teach me as much as the things that go wrong.

I am a mad scientist. I make mistakes. I make errors. Bad things happen around me. Sometimes irreversable. But I analyse all of them. I pick them apart and find good in them all. Whether it's a lesson or simply something to never try again, there is always something to be found, even in the direst of situations.

I am a mad scientist. I experiment. I try new things. I do tests. I measure. I record. I look at what I have and I see what I can make with it. I enjoy a puzzle and believe the method is as important as the solution.

I am a mad scientist. I am independent. Instead of asking for help I look for my own way. I navigate where I have no map. I build when I have no instructions. I draw when I have no subject. Every time this happens I find new ways to do things. Sometimes the same ways as others, sometimes original.

I am a mad scientist. I think with my head, not with my heart. I trust logic. I trust science. I trust what has worked before to work again. I trust the realms of logic more than I trust my gut instincts.

I am a mad scientist. I take risks. I make reasoned assumptions and test them to their limits. I fall hard sometimes, soft others. The landing bruises but I learn from the healing. When risks work I push them further. When they don't I analyse them and find what went wrong.

I am a mad scientist. I trust what I can see, feel and hear and question the things I can't. Logic is my master.

I am a mad scientist. I look for solutions rather than problems. Nothing brings greater satisfaction than fixing the unfixable or solving the unsolvable.

I am a mad scientist. I see the world as a series of components. I wonder what will happen if some are removed. I look for solutions wherever I am. Anything can be solved by finding the right pieces and putting them together in the right order in the right place.

I am a mad scientist. I think before I act. Randomness is a game for others. I predict and rely on what I know.

I am a mad scientist. Even when what I make doesn't exist in this plane, I make sure it works. Everything is built with the knowledge that if it did exist, it would fulfill it's purpose.

I am a mad scientist. I trust machines to do my bidding, but learn about the machines. I need to trust the machines and I need to understand their ways. Software is simply another land in need of exploring and mapping. Hardware and aquaintance who's mannerisms you must grow accustomed to.

I am a mad scientist. Everything fills a purpose. Teachers teach for a purpose. I attend university for a purpose. I design for a purpose. I live for a purpose.

I am a mad scientist. I draw because it makes me feel good. I watch movies to feel good. I sleep to feel good. I help people because it makes me feel good. I comfort people to make me feel good. I have come to terms that everything humanity does we do for ourselves and for nobody else. Our brains are simply hardwired to make us interact and cooperate. I am okay with this.

I am a mad scientist and the world is my oyster.

No comments:

Post a Comment