Friday 13 May 2016

Lecture Greatest Hits: Gender in Animation

So to kick-off this mini sseries about the lecture programme, I think it's best to start with the most important in terms of effect on this year's work. And that's Spencer's Term 2 talk about the gender divide an animation. For starters, it was probably my favourite lecture of the year. It was balanced, respectful, and really put the point across well. He should be proud of that one.

And secondly I like it because it gave me the inclination to do my essay on gender in comics. At the point the lecture arrived, I was really struggling in terms of essay ideas, as my first one crashed and burned and I needed a replacement. I'd been thinking for a while and nothing was coming. Like, I knew I wanted to something about comics but I just couldn't think of anything worth writing. Then this lecture came bouncing right out of the blue like most of Spencer's lectures do and suddenly I had a really good essay topic.

The lecture gave me a couple of topic ideas too if I recall correctly. I can't remember exactly though. It's been quite a while since that lecture.

No comments:

Post a Comment