Sunday 8 May 2016

Water

For the Collide brief, I needed a drawing reference for water. But rather than simply using a photo, I decided to make some in Cinema 4D to add to the existing reference setup I had for the project. One of my main objectives here was to see if I could do it without the help of tutorials or forum posts. I nearly managed. Whilst I managed to put together the basic flowing shape of the water (and animate it), it still didn't look quite right. Thanks to a few helpful voices on the internet, I learned about how to make the texture look realistic, adding the rippling effect to it and fixing some transparency issues. I quite like how this looks. It's not up to the standard I would use in an animation but for it's purpose it went above and beyond.



No comments:

Post a Comment