Sunday 8 May 2016

Territory Studios

During workshop week, someone from Territory Studios came in to talk about user interfaces and cinema 4d and a whole lot of interesting stuff like that. Afterwards we were told to make an interface based on a film scrips. We got a scene from Prometheus. We were also told to work in teams. And that's where it all fell flat. Whilst me and Emma both finished our parts in time, I got nothing from the others in the group. Never mind.

The scene was about analysing this pathogenic alien cell and I was in charge of designing it. It was found in an alien skull so I looked into Bone Cancer and a bunch of other cell diseases. This picture was the main inspiration:

Using a modified cone structure, as well as a cloner and several spherical landscapes I put the basic shape together. I then attached various free Internet textures together then blended them together using the photoshop smudge tool. I then twisted the colours to turn it into a displacement map. I also added a splat shape to the floor. Sadly I hadn't worked out how to use metaballs yet so it came out a little flat.

It's got a nice look to it and I do like how it turned out. I did try to animate it bursting too but that didn't work out very well. Some things aren't meant to be combined with cloners.

Here's the finished one.

No comments:

Post a Comment